Sree Raghavendra swamy Mission is a religious private Trust.Our trust is registered under Karnataka State Societies registration Act of 1960, in May 2003.
Registered office of the Mission is at No.6, 9th Cross, Ist Stage, Indiranagar, Bangalore-560038.
1. Late Sri. Raghavendra Rao Parvathikar - Chief Conservator of Forests [Retd.] Govt. of Karnataka.
2. Late Sri. H.S. Krishna Murthy - Sanskrit Scholar.
3. Late Dr. P.J. Bagilthaya - IPS [ Retired DIG] Govt. of Karnataka.
4. Sri. Krishna Narayana Bengeri - Deputy Director of Information [Retd], Government of Karnataka.
5. Dr. K. G. Das - Dean Mysore Medical College [Retd] Medical Practitioner.
6. Sri. B.S. Vittalachar - Manager [Retd], ESI corporation of India.
7. Sri. K.B. Raghavendra Rao - Engineer [Retd] MICO ltd, Bangalore.
8. Sri. S.K. Bhat - Industrial Consultant.
9. Sri. B.K. Gururaja - Manager [retd] Canara Bank.
10.Sri. Mohan R. Parvatikar - Investment Consultant.
11.Sri. P.S. Bagilthaya - Engineer & Industrialist.
12.Sri. Gopal K Bengeri - Engineer & Businessman.
The administration / Management of the mission is being done by the Executive Committee consisting of 7 members.
The president, Vice President, Secretary & the Treasurer are the office bearers.
We have our branch at GULEDGUDA in Badami Taluq of Bagalkot district, the birth place of our founder Nadayogi late Swami D.R. Parvatikar, where Brindavana of Sree Raghavendra Swamiji is installed.
Keeping in view of the visions of our founder Sri Nadayogi Veena Maharaj , the trustees are working with great devotion and dedication to achieve the objectives of the mission as under:
1. To encourage research in classical music both in carnatic & Hindustani and establish a music school.
In accordance with the objectives of the mission a Music School in the memory of Veena Maharaj D R Parvatikar was established where in Classical Karnatak & Hindustani Music, Sugama Sangeeta classes and Veena classes is being conducted by Sri Mysore Subramanya [ a well known Music & Dance critic and great grandson of Late Veene Sheshanna who was Asthana Vidhwan of Mysore palace].
2. To establish a meditation hall & Library
A meditation[Dhyana Mandir] and Bajan Hall in memory of Nadayogi D R Parvatikar is established at 1st floor of the temple premises for the benefit of devotees of sri Raghavendraswamiji.
3. To establish places of meditation, dharmashalas for piligrims, kalyana mantapas and marriage halls, hostels for students who undergo the courses in the colleges and schools.
Mission has a spacious Kalyana mantapa namely Parimala Sabhangana and a Mini hall namely Datta Mandira . Our mission also constructed a Kalyana Mantapa at Mantralaya and after running the same for few years the same was gifted to Mantralaya Math.
4. To propogate the teachings of great saints like Madhvacharya, Shankaracharya, Ramanujacharya, etc.,
Financial assistance are being granted to eminent scholors to help them in their research work. The main recipient are Late Dr. Bharatiramanachar and Sri. Bemmatti Venkateshachar.
5. To institute scholarships and financial assistance to help the deserving meritorious students.
To help and encourage students of Music in all desciplines scholarships in the name of Veena Maharaj D R Parvatikar has been instituted at Karnatak University Dharwad.
6. To assist senior citizens establish old age home:
Mission is donating liberally for the welfare of senior citizens. Arya Jana Seva Trust an old age home at Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore and Navajeevan Nilaya at old Airport Road, Marathahalli are the main receipents of the donations.
7. Extending financial assistance to Charitable Institutions and organizations:
The Mission is also involving in the social work of helping the Mentally retarded, physically handicapped, disabled and blind persons donating liberally every year to noted organizations like SPATIC SOCIETY, NACHIKETA MANOVIKASA KENDRA - Vijayanagar, Bangalore [school for mentally retarded children], Helpage India, etc., Donations are also given to various charitable and religious institutions and associations for Jeernodhara of old temples and constructions of dharmashalas etc.,.
8. Honouring eminent and dedicated musicians:
The Mission is sponsoring Musical programmes conducted by Karnataka Gana kala Parishad every year in memory of Veena Maharaj Nadayogi D R Parvatikar.
9. Sponsoring Satsang and bajan programmes
Mission has established a branch in being held at Prayag Raj at Allahabad which is very active in conducting satsang & bajans during Magh Mela every year. Besides this, regular bajan concerts are being arranged at the mission premises and its branch at Guledgudda.
10. Providing medical aids to poor & the deserving people:
Financial assistance are being given to the poor deserving people to meet their medical and hospitalization expenses. Mission is also sponsoring medical health check up camps regularly. Mission had sponsored General Health & Eye check up camps organised by Narayana Hrudayalaya & Narayana Netralaya in our kalyana mantapa premises.
11. To promote the music and Dance, Arts culture.
Mission has arranged classical music programmes performed by eminent musicians and artists listed below and honoured them:
Ganakalashree Prof. Mysore V Subramanya, Ganakalashree. R K Padmanabhan,
Ganakalashree. Dr. Suma Sudhindra, Vidushi. Dr. Sathyavathi,
Ganakalashree . Dr. Sukanya Prabhakar, Vidushi. smt. M S Sheela, Vidushi Smt. Sudha Murthy,
Vidushi.Smt. Saroja Natarajan, Vidwan. Sri. Maruti Prasad, Ganakalashree Sri. T A S Mani,
Veena Vidwan Sri. Balakrishna [son of late Vidwan Doreswamy Iyengar], Vidwan Sri Shankar,
Vidwan Neyveli Santanagopalan, Veena Vidushi Smt. Shanthi Rao, Vidushi Smt. Chandrika Manjunath, Violin artist Dr. Rajalakshmi Krishnan,
Vidushi Uma Money, Vidushi Revathi & Harini famous Saralaya sisters, Veena Vidushi Dr. Veena Bhat, Flute Vidwan Sri. Mukund [student of Vidwan Chitti Babu], Karnataka State Awardee Sri Hara Nagaraj of Haridasa Sangha, K.R.Pura Bangalore, Harikatha Vidushi Smt. Belur Vasantha Lakshmi, Harikatha Vidwan Sri. Puttacharya.
Vidwan Sri Lakshmikant Patil for Dasa Sahitya, Pandit Dr. Jayant Das - Sitar & Rudraveena artist,
Vidushi Smt.Sumitra Nitin, Vidhushi Smt. H.N.Kamala Murthy, Vidushi. Smt. Saraswathi Budya,
Vidushi Smt. Veena Vadirajachar, Vidwan Sri S.A. Karthik. and Sri Ranganayakalu & group of Sri Rangakala Mandira.